Photography Project-Volunteers Needed in Arizona and CA

Hey friends, I have been planning a photography project for a while and I need some help.  I need volunteers! 

What I would like to do is photograph people with Type 1 Diabetes.  I am a portrait photographer and I have always wanted to put my art to work in a way that would benefit people with T1D.  My doctor and I have come up with a cool idea, but I can't share all the details just yet. 

So, if you're interested, I'd like to spend a couple of hours with you, your family, pets, friends, whatever, photographing you, just going about your day.  I'd like to interview you also and get some of your history about your diabetes and when you were first diagnosed.  You'd have to sign a model release for me giving me permission to print the images and use your story.  In return, I will give you high res copies of the images and you'll get the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping other newly diagnosed people with T1D.  If you are a parent, or otherwise a care provider for someone with T1D, I am interested in hearing from you also-I would really like to include families of babies with T1D.  I live in the Phoenix Valley, so my scope of travel is limited...  I would consider Southern California on up to the San Francisco area, in addition to Arizona, unless you are going to be traveling to Phoenix and we can meet up.

I expect that shooting these images will take up to a year for this project and this is the first place I came to to see if anyone is interested.  If you know of someone else, please pass this on.  I would really appreciate it.

For any inquiries, my contact info:

Georgia Garrett, Photographer

480-299-3833

georgiagarrettphotography@yahoo.com

Site: www.peachiepix.com

Thank you!

Georgia

this sounds interesting...i may be interested...i am in southern california...lets talk

shoot me an email to discuss..

timr25@cox.net

[quote user="Georgia"]

What I would like to do is photograph people with Type 1 Diabetes.  I am a portrait photographer and I have always wanted to put my art to work in a way that would benefit people with T1D.  My doctor and I have come up with a cool idea, but I can't share all the details just yet. 

[/quote]

You don't say whether you are T1, but your mentioning your doctor suggests that you might be. Although you talk more about newly diagnosed people, I am at the other extreme. I have been T1 for 67 years, since I was 10. And I live in Phoenix, so if you're interested, let me know.

Tom Beatson

Hi Georgia,

I'm sure Sarah would love to have her picture taken (she's a ham...). We live in Sacramento, so very close to San Francisco, and we'd be happy to meet you in the bay area sometime.

Hi, my daughter is 12 and has been diag. for almost 2 years, we would be intrested in finding out more about your project.  We are in Santa Rosa, CA please feel free to e-mail us at kaypmom@msn.com.

Thank you, Kathy

Hi Georgia,

I would love to hear more about your project. I live in Phoenix! What doctor is working with you?

send me an email at maressa.curran@asu.edu

Thanks!

Thanks Tim!  I'll send you a message then on e-mail.

Georgia

Sorry, I guess I should've mentioned that!  I do have Type 1 (18 years) and no, this isn't just for the newbies.  :)  I would love to talk to anyone and especially someone like yourself!  67 years, wow!  You're a hero!  I am sure you have a different perspective to offer and I'd love to hear it.  I'll drop you a private message.  Thanks, Tom.

Georgia

That would be great.  I'll send you a private message also.  I also found two other people north of SF (Ukiah and Santa Rosa?)  I don't know if that's closer to you, but let's discuss.  :)  Thank you!!

Great, thank you.  Would love to talk to you more.  I'll send you an e-mail.

Yahoo!

Georgia

Thanks, Meressa.  I also got your e-mail and will reply there.  Thank you!

Wow, everyone!  I have gotten a great response, both here on Facebook and from my blog.  I am so excited!  I can't wait to meet everyone...  I should also add that you'll have to be patient with me-I work a full time day job (to keep my insurance!) and then do my photography business part time and I am a full time single mom so I am BUSY! 

Thank you again for those that have responded and please let me know if anyone else you know is interested-I am still taking volunteers. 

You all made my day!

Hi Georgia,

I'm in Pacifica, just 25 mins. south of San Francisco.  I'd be happy to volunteer.  Send me a message if you still need some volunteers.

Best wishes,

Melody