Ping Download

Up until 6 months ago I was using the Deltec Cozmo pump, and used the recommended IR device to download the Cozmo into my computer. After my Cozmo failed I got an Animas Ping. I'd like to find out if the IR device that I used with the Cozmo will be able to function as the dongle for downloading the Ping, or will I need to buy a dongle?

Tom Beatson

I tried (I went from the Cozmo to the Ping as well) and it didn't work. I had to buy a dongle.

Then giggled endlessly about the word "dongle."

I have no idea what a "dongle" is, but I just called Animas and they shipped me everything I needed to download Sarah's Ping...

[quote user="C"]

I tried (I went from the Cozmo to the Ping as well) and it didn't work. I had to buy a dongle.

Then giggled endlessly about the word "dongle."

[/quote]

Actually, I didn't have to buy it. I called Animas and they mailed me the download kit for free. If it didn't come in your pump box, you can call them. They'll give it to you.

I had an Animas pump before but every four years I get the upgraded pump and I got the ping. We called Animas to get the software and stuff to download and they shipped it to us for free.