Please support my JDRF Walk

I have been fighting with Type 1 diabetes for almost 5 years now. It has not been an easy battle and I allowed my condition to get out of control. Over the past 2 years I have been admitted to ICU a total of 5 times with DKA. I was living with the mentality that I was somehow invincible, and in denial about the severity of my condition.

Last month I lost my good friend Joey to the same fight that I fight every single day. Joey was a loving father, an amazing son, a great brother, and a loyal friend. T1D does not play favorites. It does not care how much you mean to the world or how much the people around you need you. All T1D cares about is that you “stay between” the lines. All day. Every day.

This is my first JDRF WALK and I have decided to dedicate it to Joey Lauwers. I will continue my fight in your memory. I have decided to fight for my life with everything I have in me. I will no longer live in denial or in my destructive mindset.

Please click on the link if you would like to donate or join the walk. I appreciate all the love and support. Every dollar makes a difference and one day Type One will become Type NONE.