Post-Thanksgiving BG

So, what was your post-Thanksgiving dinner BG? Mine was 86, and 115 after dessert. So, better than last year!

I forgot to do insulin for dessert! so i was 428

I was running around 135 and then after dinner I was 198..but then I slipped up and didnt bolus enough for the dessert( pumpkin pie and puppy chow) so I ended up at 302..its such a b*tch sometimes I mean I felt like I covered it but I was wrong, couldnt put down the puppy chow lol

i started out a little over 100, peaked at 161, then dropped to 39 and stayed there for a bit. i brought it up with pumpkin pie and then some pizza :o) peaked again around 190-something and am now hanging around 175. definitely not too shabby for a thanksgiving meal. i think it's just because i purposely over estimated everything because i knew i was eating a butt-ton of carbs, but didn't know the count in them :o)

(I was running around 135 and then after dinner I was 198..but then I slipped up and didnt bolus enough for the dessert( pumpkin pie and puppy chow) so I ended up at 302..its such a b*tch sometimes I mean I felt like I covered it but I was wrong, couldnt put down the puppy chow lol)

Me too! that's exactly what happened to me except it was puppy chow and chocolate cake! and i forgot to check and do insulin! If i had a pump i might have remembered!

121. I was pleasantly surprised.

I know that my family maybe weird this year but my aunt and uncle are having her side of the family thanksgiving today so we are doing our thanksing on friday so i can say what my post-thanksgiving BG are after thanksgiving. Happy thankgiving to all the had it today!

Hi everyone!  I'm happy to hear that for the most part, everyone's numbers weren't too bad...  except for those forgetting to bolus...  LOL

One question, from the Canadian girl:  What the heck is puppy chow?????  Here, that's what we feed to our dogs!  Someone please shed some light on this for me!

it's dry cereal with peanut butter, chocolate, and powdered sugar on it :o)

mine was 227 about two hours after, and then 87 about two more hours later.  So, of course, I had some more pie!

Haven't checked since, so we'll see when I get ready to go to bed. ;)

[quote user="C"]

it's dry cereal with peanut butter, chocolate, and powdered sugar on it :o)

[/quote]

Thanks C!  Actually, curiosity got the best of me so I googled it...  looks interesting.  It also looks easy to make; I'll have to try it some time - for myself, that is, not for the dogs!  :P

Nads - puppy chow is awesome.  But also messy.  :)

Had a flat line around 170 for several hours today - so I guess I can be thankful for not having to take a ride on the glucoaster?  I did drop down to 52 about an hour ago though, for no reason.  *shrug*  I'll take it.

[quote user="Kim"]

Nads - puppy chow is awesome.  But also messy.  :) 

[/quote]

LOL...  Thanks Kim, I'll take that as a warning!  Then again, usually the messier it is, the yummier(?) it is!!!  I might end up trying it sooner that planned!

Was 138 before the feast and dosed a little heavy.  Ate like a pig.  A little while later had a piece of home made apple pie.  A couple of hours later was 198.  Didn't do anything as I had to drive my daughter back home.  Test again when I got home and was 298!  Not good.  Took 6 units.  Will test again in a little while.  All in all, not bad for me for a day like this.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone (belated for Canadians!).

BG before meal was 115.

BG after all that turkey, stuffing, veggies (and a full 1/2 plate full) and pie was 177.

Not bad.....

386. An i took my insuline with everything..

[quote user="DDrumminMan"]

Happy Thanksgiving everyone (belated for Canadians!).

[/quote]

Aw, thanks DDrumminMan!  Better late than never works for insulin shots and Thanksgiving greetings! 

137 2 hours after my last bolus last night...I used the dual-wave

134 right before I fell asleep.

Awesome.

then at 11:30

115! i was so happy!

309 (EEK) at 8:45

147 at 10:45

82 this morning.