Pre Dawn Phenomena

Does anyone experience the Pre Dawn Phenomena?  How do you deal with it?  I usually wake up and check and my blood sugar will be in target and then I'll bolus for my breakfast wait 45mins to an hour and then eat because if I eat sooner I'll go up to the 300s.  I'm curious if you have ever experienced this and what you did to solve it.

I have to give myself double the amount of insulin in the morning.. literally.. even if i eat nothing lets say I wake up and my blood is 100 I still give myself 1 unit of humulog then a couple of hours later another unit and sometimes a 3rd even though I didnt eat anything. But yeah the doubling of insulin has worked pretty close to perfect for me, i test mid morning to make sure im good then lunchtime i go back to my regular dosing for the rest of the day.

I have to double my son's AM ratio too. The downfall for him is that if lunch is even a little late he is likely to go low.

Thanks thats really interesting, right now I'm on 50% more in mornings than for the rest of the day.

I started to tweak my morning Basal's to keep pre-dawn away. My more or less constant Basal is in the 1.00 range. However, between the hours of 4:30 AM and 8:00 I have my Basal around 1.45 to keep my predawn phenom at bay.