Problems with Omnipod - anyone else?

My daughter had used the Deltec Cozmore pump for 3 years, and switched to the POD in May.  Of course she (at 8 years old) loves the no tubing aspect, but we are having some issues with site changes.  About 90% of the time, when we change the pod, her sugar goes high for then next 6 hours - like into the 400's. 

Omni Pod says this does happen to some people, but none of their suggestions on how to stop it from happening have worked (like giving extra insulin at the pod change time).  Her doctor has not had any other patients with this problem, so he doesn't know how to stop it from happening.  I have tried everything I can think of, and nothing will bring her sugar down during those 6 hours after the change.  Quite frankly, I am getting burnt out dealing with it. 

Has anyone else had this problem?  Any suggestions on how to fix it?  This didn't happen when my daughter was using the Cozmore.

Melissa

Melissa,

I am on the Omnipod but I have not had that happen.  I haven't had any problems with the pump yet.  I have been on it for a year. 

Really the only thing I have is living in Oklahoma in the summer with the temps at 105 and heat index at 112 or more, when I sweat the adhesive sometimes gives up.  I even use an adhesive wipe before I put it on.  But I have learned to put a large waterproof sports bandaid over it and it seems to stick.

I hope you figure out your problem.  That has to be frustrating!  :-)