Rawrrrrrrr

Ok, so I posted months ago having issues, we finally went through the first year with no success at our ages of 25, and me having Type 1...

The ob/gyn sent me for tests, here are the results

So blood work came back- no abnormalities-- A1C 6.5, thyroid great
Sperm test- no abnormalities
Tube test- perfectly fine and clear
vaginal ultrasound to see if I am ovulating-- FAIL

grrrr we had multiple little follicles day 14... so she prescribed me 50mg of clomid to start next cycle and 'officially' diagnosed me with PCOS :(

I am frustrated, angry, and just plain let down...I keep trying to do research online with clomid and because everyones body is actually completely different, there are no real solid answers on if clomid actually works or not :(...sooooo disappointed and sad :(

Any type 1s have success with clomid?!!? can you help with some advice!!! I read online that some people are put on a combo of clomid and metformin due to insulin resistance...I am not considered insulin resistant so much anymore, but I was on metformin for a month, and didn't last long because of the nasty side effects, I asked my ob/gyn today about mixing the two and advised that we should try one round without it and see what happens...

So on day 3 of my next period, I start clomid for 5 days at 50mg, my day 14 to do U/S should land the day AFTER christmas to see if I am ovulating... MERRY FREAKING CHRISTMAS TO ME!!! :(....

Cass

Cassie-

Don't worry, you aren't alone. My husbands semen analysis came back irregular. Our morphology and motility are in the 15% range. He had to see a eurologist and he found a vericose vein in the left side of his scrotum. He had to have an ultrasound and now we are waiting to hear back with those results as well as his blood work. We could face either surgery to snip his vericose vein or have to do an IUI. : (

Talk about bum deal. I thought this was supposed to be easy? I thought you'd get pregnant if you messed up just one time. So much for that idea!

Best of luck to you girly!

:( so annoying, and so much more sad then I wanted this process to be.... I hope things go well with your husband and you can be on your way to success too!!! Keep us updated please :)

Cassie, I am so sorry. I went thru 5 years and 3 invitros. I know the deepest sadness you can feel from a little plastic stick(x60). Please know I will pray for you. I ended up getting pregnant with twins. One of them ended up with type1. I wrote a book that I am hoping to publish this year to help people just like you. If you want to check out then blog it's called www.everydayhighsandlows.com. Keep us posted.  

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!!! I hope one day to be as lucky and blessed. For now, my four legged furballs will steal my heart forever <3

My Mom struggled to get pregnant after me and ended up with 2 sets (yes you read that correctly, 2 SETS) of twins. There is a plan, and when you face all these defeats, you must remember that the end result is so much bigger than the struggles you faced. I saw it in action with my Mom and as frustrated as I get, I remember that God has such a great plan -it truly brings me the greatest comfort and peace ever!

I'm like you Cassie, my dog is my only child for the time being and I'm completely happy with that. She's the best! : )

P.S. We see the doctor tomorrow! We shall see what he says we should do for my hubby. Fingers crossed insurance will cover the procedure if that is what is needed. I secretly keep hoping I'll end up pregnant before we have to make any decisions. ; )  Optomism helps right?! Lol.

My Mom struggled to get pregnant after me and ended up with 2 sets (yes you read that correctly, 2 SETS) of twins. There is a plan, and when you face all these defeats, you must remember that the end result is so much bigger than the struggles you faced. I saw it in action with my Mom and as frustrated as I get, I remember that God has such a great plan -it truly brings me the greatest comfort and peace ever!

I'm like you Cassie, my dog is my only child for the time being and I'm completely happy with that. She's the best! : )

P.S. We see the doctor tomorrow! We shall see what he says we should do for my hubby. Fingers crossed insurance will cover the procedure if that is what is needed. I secretly keep hoping I'll end up pregnant before we have to make any decisions. ; )  Optomism helps right?! Lol.

So Cassie,

We saw the eurologist again yesterday and we received the results for my hubby from the ultra sound, blood work, and latest semen analysis. Survey says... no vericose vein as Dr had predicted, his hormones are point-on, and his semen counts all came back at a more normal level -not perfect but totally do-able. So there is no need for surgery and he starts taking Clomid today. My OB wants us to continue on our every other day baby making with me staying reclined for and hour afterwards and if we aren't pregnant in 3-4 months then we will be doing an Intra Uterine Insemenation which is not covered by insurance and will cost us at the least 200. I'm not exactly thrilled but at least we have a plan and there is nothing actually "wrong" with either of us. Hubby goes back for blood work in a month and more blood work and another semen analysis in 2 months. So we are just praying God's will between now and then.

I'm at peace with knowing God has a plan and that's all I could ask for. : )

So Cassie,

We saw the eurologist again yesterday and we received the results for my hubby from the ultra sound, blood work, and latest semen analysis. Survey says... no vericose vein as Dr had predicted, his hormones are point-on, and his semen counts all came back at a more normal level -not perfect but totally do-able. So there is no need for surgery and he starts taking Clomid today. My OB wants us to continue on our every other day baby making with me staying reclined for and hour afterwards and if we aren't pregnant in 3-4 months then we will be doing an Intra Uterine Insemenation which is not covered by insurance and will cost us at the least 200. I'm not exactly thrilled but at least we have a plan and there is nothing actually "wrong" with either of us. Hubby goes back for blood work in a month and more blood work and another semen analysis in 2 months. So we are just praying God's will between now and then.

I'm at peace with knowing God has a plan and that's all I could ask for. : )

Nikki!! Sorry i havent checked here in awhile, i had sinus surgery on the 4th and was out of commission for two weeks... FYI that was horrible!! I started my first round of 50mg clomid on my 3rd day of the cycle which was the 17th, today was my day 14 ultra sound to find out the size of my follicles...guess what...i FINALLY OVULATED!!! poof!!...she said that i definitely ovulated (maybe wednesday, today is friday) by the way the u/s appeared and would put her paycheck on the fact that it worked this month (the meds that-is)...SOOOO now we have to hope and pray that the days we had sex, every other which was wednesday,friday,sunday, tuesday (merry christmas!), (she thinks i ovulated around here) thursday, and tomorrow this week, and I ll go next week for good measure just encase...she said if i didn't get pregnant this month it was just bad timing...butttt the fact that the clomid worked and created a follicle large enough to ovulate is good news!! trying not to get my hopes up though, its so hard not to!

nikki--- private message me your name or a link to your fb so we can be friends on fb?!