Saying hello to my new internet family!

I joined the army of T1s about a year and a half ago now - which seems like forever ago and just yesterday all at the same time.  I have also enjoyed the use of my new pancreas for the past 7 months - it runs on double A batteries! (Animas Ping).  I don't have a family history of diabetes, and other than a few students at the school where I work, and 1 friend I have met post diagnosis, I have had no exposure to PWDs.  I appreciate all of the comments and questions from people who understand this disease firsthand.  I am happy to say that I have not let my diagnosis slow me down - I have only missed one day of work (when I was first hospitalized), and I continue to increase the distances that I run, I am still learning to whitewater kayak, and I have used it as an opportunity to become a healthier person all around.  While I try to approach my lifestyle changes as positively as possible, it is still nice to know there are others out there who know and understand what the ups and downs and frustrations can be like.  

Thank you guys for being here!

Dana

Welcome to our little world!

glad you're here! :)

Hope you enjoy the site. Welcome:)