Scarring

okay so im on the insulin pump and my stomach has scars all over

and its getting close to summer time where i want to wear bikini's and not be so self cautious

what do you guys do to get rid of scarring?

Vit E cream is what i used and had been recommended to use for scarring between re-piercing my eyebrow.

G'day,

My doc recommended Vit E cream too.

My wife and I had a baby 11 mths ago and she started using a product called Bio-Oil (www.bio-oil.com) which is meant to be great for stretch marks and scars. I have just started on the pump and a few more scars will just add to my collection but I may steal some off my wife, not that I am trying to look good for a bikini...lol

Austen, I hope you will  be posting these new bikini pictures on Juvenation ... before vs after Vit E cream.

For a scar after I got a mole removed, the doctor told me to use "mederma" (sold OTC) -- it helped but didn't eliminate it.

Hey, i'm not on the pump, but with pen needles i've had the same problem in the past. Its frustrating, because not only are there scars, but for me i used to get little bumps for not rotating sites enough...I told my diabetes team that it bothered me and i wasn't sure what to do about it, so they suggested not injecting ANY needles into the front of my stomach for a year. So rotate everywhere else, butt, thighs and side stomach are good for me (arms are not muscly enough!) ...anyway this change started last september and i've already notcied a HUGE difference. Its fantastic..

I know its different with your pump, but maybe you could change your site from your stomach to your butt for awhile? If you can do that, it might give your stomach a break for a bit and let it heal up? ..hope this helps!

[quote user="Virginia"]

Hey, i'm not on the pump, but with pen needles i've had the same problem in the past. Its frustrating, because not only are there scars, but for me i used to get little bumps for not rotating sites enough...I told my diabetes team that it bothered me and i wasn't sure what to do about it, so they suggested not injecting ANY needles into the front of my stomach for a year. So rotate everywhere else, butt, thighs and side stomach are good for me (arms are not muscly enough!) ...anyway this change started last september and i've already notcied a HUGE difference. Its fantastic..

I know its different with your pump, but maybe you could change your site from your stomach to your butt for awhile? If you can do that, it might give your stomach a break for a bit and let it heal up? ..hope this helps!

[/quote]

I didn't use my stomach for a while either and it was great. (Also on MDI). But, then I got lazy b/c it's so easy, esp in the winter, sitting at a table at a restaurant, etc, so I started using that site again. Oh well, it's not like I'm in the running to be a sports illustrated swimsuit model anyways.