School Nurse update

there is none big surprise. She wont delegate the glucagon wow big surprise. Nobody including the principle is happy with this and I yelled again lol oh well. Its my kid and I am protective of her. So next step is going after the district tv newspapers and lawyers yay fun but not just my child will gain from this every kid in this district will have a trained DNE come in and be aloud to delegate tasks to willing staff. End of story. If there are no willing staff members then the districts will have to hire people who can be there all day long able to do these tasks. I will not stop and the school nurse is behind me on that as is the rest of the staff.

I'm sorry to hear that the nurse is still an obstacle for providing a safe school environment for your daughter. I wish I could help more than just words. 

Another thought I have is what does the job description say about the Nurse's position at the school. And, is it possible that she does not have a current nursing license? Maybe that is the issue. It would seem if she can do CPR, she can do Glu to.

Here is the address of the Colorado Nursing Board

Colorado Board of Nursing

1560 Broadway, Suite 1370
Denver, CO 80202   

Phone: 303.894.2430
Fax: 303.894.2821
Online: http://www.dora.state.co.us/nursing/

Contact Person: Mark Merrill, Program Director

Here is the web address of the complain filing process.

https://www.ncsbn.org/163.htm

I'm still speechless about this. I mean, anyone on the street should be able to read the instructions and inject it. Have you asked her what her plan is if your daughter is unconscious? Stand there staring at her???

It's possible that the principal doesn't have any authority over her. When I worked in the public schools a while back, my supervisor was the head of speech pathology (at the central office) not the principal at whatever school I was at. Just another person to look into to contact -- head of nursing for the district.

[quote user="Sarah"]

I'm still speechless about this. I mean, anyone on the street should be able to read the instructions and inject it. Have you asked her what her plan is if your daughter is unconscious? Stand there staring at her???

It's possible that the principal doesn't have any authority over her. When I worked in the public schools a while back, my supervisor was the head of speech pathology (at the central office) not the principal at whatever school I was at. Just another person to look into to contact -- head of nursing for the district.

[/quote]

He doesnt have any control over her at all. Which sucks cause she would be training everyone if he was. The principle wants to take it to the district with me. He tried to get someone in on the meeting with us Friday but nobody would/could show up. I am not ready to give up but I think its time to call a lawyer he does a lot of this kind of stuff for free cause he is a dad of a t-1 and normally all it takes is a phone call. Like I said its not the school they want to helps its the nurse (who makes it seem like the glucagon is useless on top of it) so its all frustrating. I am not ready to give up on it tho I just need to regroup and get some support from others. I have WAY to much stress and going on to fight this alone.

Oh they will just call 911. yeah that is it