Sore throat with blisters

My type 1 daughter has has a sore throat for a couple weeks. She tested negative for strep.

I looked in her throat and there are clear bubble like blisters on the back of her throat. I have had these a few times too an no doctor has any idea what they are other than guessing a viral reaction. They are quite painful. Does anyone know what these could be? I think they are making my daughter's glucose go wild. 

Has she had a runny nose? Could be post nasal drip which is often mistaken for strep with out the strep test.

No runny nose. No other symptoms at all but the sore throat and the little blisters that look like tapioca beads.

Hi Terry -

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is sick. Your post caught my attention because I've had similar blisters in the back of my throat when I was sick. I remember they were on my tonsils, and it made them look like cartoon dinosaur eggs. I didn't see a doctor about it (I should have in hindsight), so I can't offer much help. However, I'd love to know what you find out!

I hope she feels better soon!

Are you or the doctor sure they aren't canker sores? I think that is the same cause (virus) as a cold sore but on the inside of your mouth?