Stereotype?

While watching a medley of my favorite cartoons an add came onto my computer for a car or something like that. In the commercial a guy is picking up a bunch of little kids and driving them around. all the kids are in the car jumping and talking. And then you see a little chubby girl in the back seat in the corner with freckles and glasses and braces. She quietly raises her hand and says "My blood sugar's low" After hearing this i was VERY upset. I've seen this stereotype before and it annoys me that we are seen like that. I've also seen the same kind of description but a kid is VERY skinny. Comments? Think you fit this stereotype?

[quote user="Adriana S"]

While watching a medley of my favorite cartoons an add came onto my computer for a car or something like that. In the commercial a guy is picking up a bunch of little kids and driving them around. all the kids are in the car jumping and talking. And then you see a little chubby girl in the back seat in the corner with freckles and glasses and braces. She quietly raises her hand and says "My blood sugar's low" After hearing this i was VERY upset. I've seen this stereotype before and it annoys me that we are seen like that. I've also seen the same kind of description but a kid is VERY skinny. Comments? Think you fit this stereotype?

[/quote]

Hi Adriana,

How's the Beatles fan?? Stereotype, not me. Let's see I am a old man (not  juvenile). not no stereotype there LOL. Which cartoons do you like I still love them. Spongebob, Powerpuff, etc... Hey maybe that's why I got diabetes, just a big kid. ROFLOL

i guess i don't see the stereotype you're talking about. are you referring to being chubby or skinny? as a kid i was always skinny, but i had freckles and glasses. now i'm a chub, but i still have freckles and glasses (contacts, actually). i suppose i fit it, but i'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

I'm assuming the stereotype that annoyed you is T1 = the dork of the group. Clerly no one us think that applies to us, lolol...

oh. i'm a total nerd. not afraid to admit it.... :o)

Now, there are differences between nerds and dorks.

[quote user="C"]

i guess i don't see the stereotype you're talking about. are you referring to being chubby or skinny? as a kid i was always skinny, but i had freckles and glasses. now i'm a chub, but i still have freckles and glasses (contacts, actually). i suppose i fit it, but i'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

[/quote]

C--in your profile picture, you don't look like a chub at all.

ive just seen on TV and movies the dork/nerd kid is always diabetic and sometimes i see them as a chubby kid and sometimes i see them as a really skinny kid. i just felt like pointing out that sometimes we diabetics are classified as nerds

[quote user="Keith221"]

[quote user="Adriana S"]

[/quote]

Hi Adriana,

How's the Beatles fan?? Stereotype, not me. Let's see I am a old man (not  juvenile). not no stereotype there LOL. Which cartoons do you like I still love them. Spongebob, Powerpuff, etc... Hey maybe that's why I got diabetes, just a big kid. ROFLOL

[/quote]

i like spongebob, scooby doo, dexter, and one you might never guess... the beatles! they're so mean to ringo on the show!