Stressed

Finals are just around the corner and I have started to lose sleep because of stress and anxiety.
I try to block the negative thoughts but I can’t keep my mind off my upcoming exams that will determine my whole future.
Over worrying really spikes up my BG :frowning:
What should I do?

If you don’t already, it’s a good practice to start meditating every day. This doesn’t need to be a big deal, nor does it need to take a long time. Ideally find a quiet place like a school library, empty classroom, or even a toilet, seriously. Close your eyes, sit very still, and focus on your breathing. Listen to it come in and out of your nose, not your mouth. Breathe deeply until you feel your abdomen (not your stomach) expand. Do this slowly 10 times. This only needs to take a couple of minutes if that, and if you can do it just 3x/day, the physiological response will be noticeable. Life gets hectic and you can’t avoid that, but you can learn to manage stress by taking just a minute or two for yourself a few times each day to chill out and lower your stress hormone response that impacts your BG. It can also help to put a recurring reminder on your phone so you don’t forget.