Stupid mistakes

What silly mistakes to you make that make you so annoyed with yourself?

Just now, I forgot to prime a new humalog pen, so I injected lots of air and an unknown amount of insulin into myself. Arg! Also, injecting air into your arm doesn't feel good.

not waiting for the roads to clear up before driving home saturday night....then crashing on the way home...yay!

/ hindsight is 20/20

More than once I have checked Brandan's sugar when I was supposed to be giving him insulin! I keep it all in the drawer together and I tend to lose track of what I'm doing.

This one's bad: One time I pulled up my other, non-diabetic son's sleeve to give him the insulin. I laughed and got mad at myself at the same time.

[quote user="Sarah"]

What silly mistakes to you make that make you so annoyed with yourself?

Just now, I forgot to prime a new humalog pen, so I injected lots of air and an unknown amount of insulin into myself. Arg! Also, injecting air into your arm doesn't feel good.

[/quote]

Getting my syringe ready, letting it warm up. Then eating away, looking up and seeing my syringe still sitting there, insulin still in it. That's an Oh Shi@ moment LOL

Forgetting to inject before eating or snacking between meals and forgetting to check and then when I go to check before my next meal, I find out that my sugar is 290 or something insane  :-/

Same here, sometimes i just forget

oh another really annoying thing that happens to me is because giving needles is such second nature every once in a while im like, did i do my insulin? no really did I? lol ...i try retracing my steps, get a horrible feeling cause im either gonna go super low if i already did it or high if i didnt... great :)

My stupid mistakes generally involve knowingly eating too much and getting mad at myself for it later.   95% of my highs could be prevented by me!!!!

All the times when I test before I go to bed, and I have 4 strips left, and I think "ok, i have to get more strips before I leave in the morning," but do i ever remember? 

Among the many "stupid" things I do...

• Grab my CGM remote instead of my Ping remote and try to give myself insulin, and vice versa.
  • Forget to put my pump on after I shower, get all the way to work, and realize what I've done.  Have to go back home and get it, then work late to make up the time.  (I've done this twice.)
  • Get home from the gym and forget to put my pump back for a while.
  • Test, do a correction bolus, then eat something, and forget to bolus for the food.

Forgetting to give insulin for a frappuchino, then having to take a test while really high from it..

one time i was testing and had my pricker set and then i sneezed and pricked my nose. don't try it it HURTS

[quote user="Adriana S"]

one time i was testing and had my pricker set and then i sneezed and pricked my nose. don't try it it HURTS

[/quote]

Don't mean to laugh at your misery, but that is a funny picture in my head. LOL Thanks Adriana

I used to commute 65 miles to work daily.  Once, apparently, I was in a hurry, and after showering I forgot to re-insert my insulin pump.  About 15 minutes left in the commute, I realized that I was missing something.  My little friend was at home beeping its suspended alarm.  I was late for work that day.  It doesn't take long without that thing for the bg to climb!

The day after we got home from the hospital after diagnosis, my husband accidentally gave my son Lantus instead of Humalog.  Instead of freaking out (cuz we didn't want the kids to freak out), we calmly called the doctor and just did a lot of extra monitoring over the next 12 hours.  That'll be the last time we make that mistake, but I'm sure we'll make others along the way.

made my first Riley is on 1:20 and I did 1:10 oi so I gave her milk and a ice cream cup. Poor girl is stuffed!

doh I almost did that same thing last night Jessica.  Thankfully my hubby told me my math was off.

I have no clue what so ever what I was thinking. Cause I was only going to give her 2 then told myself I was dumb and add a unit then injected her and flipped. Oh well I ended up getting 66 carbs into her so she should be good still.

One time I weighed Brandan's food and used the total grams of weight to figure out his insulin instead of the total grams of carbs! It took some extra math to figure that mess out.

Trish I dont even think my brain could even think of how to figure out that math to fix it. Then again I was up 3 times last night making sure Rileys numbers were good after the switch and staid up at 4 with the last one. So my head isnt thinking of much right now.

It wasn't as confusing as it sounds. :) I just had to figure out the total carbs and correct insulin dose and then give him extra insulin or extra carbs (I don't remember which) to balance it out.