Stupid mistakes

[quote user="ajax"]

All the times when I test before I go to bed, and I have 4 strips left, and I think "ok, i have to get more strips before I leave in the morning," but do i ever remember? 

[/quote]

i do that a lot and the next day i'll get to school and realize it, then hope my sugar is fine until lunch or until i get home to get more test strips

[quote user="Bri"]

[quote user="ajax"]

All the times when I test before I go to bed, and I have 4 strips left, and I think "ok, i have to get more strips before I leave in the morning," but do i ever remember? 

[/quote]

i do that a lot and the next day i'll get to school and realize it, then hope my sugar is fine until lunch or until i get home to get more test strips

[/quote]

I do that all the time too! A few years ago, I worked w/ a woman w/ T1 and at least once a month, we had to borrow from each other.

The other day my husband took Brandan to speech therapy. About an hour and 15 min. after they left my husband called me and informed me that he was about to check Brandan's BG but he couldn't. The reason: I put the meter and the test strips in the case, but no finger poker, as we call it. I immediately thought of this thread. :)

Both my father and I are T1 and one day when I was around 6 or 7, he was giving me an injection in my butt and all of sudden he realized he just injected me with his dose and not mine.  It was a fun day for me though - I went  to work with him instead of school and I got to eat my first candy bar and I sipped from a bottle of coke all day long (this was before glucose meters so we had no idea really what my bs was).

[quote user="jaco1199"]

Both my father and I are T1 and one day when I was around 6 or 7, he was giving me an injection in my butt and all of sudden he realized he just injected me with his dose and not mine.  It was a fun day for me though - I went  to work with him instead of school and I got to eat my first candy bar and I sipped from a bottle of coke all day long (this was before glucose meters so we had no idea really what my bs was).

[/quote]

Awesome story.  Making lemons out of lemonaid.  I guess lemonaid would have worked too.

hah i've done the same thing. I actually did it before i left for a whole weekend so I had to go three straight days without strips. not a fun weekend.

hah i've done the same thing. I actually did it before i left for a whole weekend so I had to go three straight days without strips. not a fun weekend.

Well here I am again because I just made the worst mistake ever. I called in Brandan's prescription refills and I can't get them because they expired last month! Now I have to wait for the doc to write new ones and fax it over to the pharmacy. I usually call them in on 10th so I'm already a day late and I don't know if they'll get it today. :(

Trish, I hate when I forget I'm out of refills! Sometimes the pharmacist has let me have enough for a couple of days until the refill comes through. Another reason I always go out of my way to be overly nice to my pharmacist, lol.

[quote user="Sarah"]

Trish, I hate when I forget I'm out of refills! Sometimes the pharmacist has let me have enough for a couple of days until the refill comes through. Another reason I always go out of my way to be overly nice to my pharmacist, lol.

[/quote]

We have a great relationship with our pharmacist too. One time she fronted me some syringes while we were waiting for the insurance to approve them. How stupid is it that they approved insulin but nothing to inject it with?! (It was straightened out though.)

[quote user="Trish"]

[quote user="Sarah"]

[/quote]

We have a great relationship with our pharmacist too. One time she fronted me some syringes while we were waiting for the insurance to approve them. How stupid is it that they approved insulin but nothing to inject it with?! (It was straightened out though.)

[/quote]

Trish, this is off topic, but I had a similar problem with my insurance back when I took Humalog w/ a pen, but Lantus didn't have pens out yet. They'd either approve pen needles for the humalog OR syringes for the lantus, but not both. Sigh!!!!! The pharmacist finally worked it out. Hope the refills come in soon!

just wen to check my blood, put the strip in why isnt it working, maybe i didnt put it in far enough maybe my battery is dea, no just put it in backwards lol