T:Slim X2 vs. Medtronic 670g

Got a big decision to make. T:Slim x2 with Dexcom G6 or Medtronic 670g. Convince me! I know that each have their pros and cons but wanting to get opinions outside of the Tandem and Medtronic reps who obviously have a bias…

2 Likes

I personally have a tslim with the G6 and I love it. I have heard some negative things about the Medtronic. However the dexcom is the most accurate CGM so I would recommend the Tslim.

T slim. 1) (as already mentioned) dexcom is more accurate. 2) tandem works so well with dexcom and is releasing an software this year that will help eliminate highs. They already have basil-IQ which helps with eliminating lows. 3) software updates! Something new doesn’t need replacing anything. Just plug it into the computer and kapow software update

I haven’t had any good experience with the 670g and Guardian 3 sensor. It is completely different than any other pump I ever used. I am looking at other pumps that will do better and that is covered by Medicare. The Guardian 3 Sensors are not covered . I been looking at the TSlim 2 and Dexcom g6 . Need some feed back PLEASE?

@imryantrotter Hi Ryan, I recently had to make that same choice. I suggest that you set up a comparison chart as to how each affects YOU personally and make your decision. Listen to people from “each side” who have had positive experiences - it is easier to find complainers in on-line forums - and then make your decision.

One month ago yesterday, I began using the very latest [which can be further updated] Tandem t-Slim x2. For me, being a Medicare beneficiary it became a matter of cost and what Medicare currently covers and what it is anticipated Medicare will cover in the future; to my knowledge, Medtronic has yet to request coverage for CGM devices.

Has anyone tried both the T Slim X2 with Dexcom G6 AND the Medtronic 670g that could weigh in on which they prefer.

I’m currently one year into my Medtronic 670 warranty and thinking of switching to Tandem using their “$1000 rental program” which you’d get the Tandem for $1000 until the end of my current pump warranty.

Curious if anyone has done this or switched the other way and have opinions on the pro and cons of each.

1 Like

I would also be interested in seeing this info. I’m fairly new to 670G as my first pump and a long time MDI type 1. I should have studied it more. I am grateful for the improved numbers, but there are days where I am physically and mentally exhausted. If I can’t get to a place where those draining days are rare, I may have to figure out something else. I had not heard of the buy or trade out. Sadly, I have a Dexcom G5, not 6. Switched to 670G a few months ago.
I just don’t want to hop from one place to another until I KNOW its better. Nothing is perfect. I just want something that I can live with in peace.

I had a Medtronic 530 before the 670 and LOVED it. But the old CGM elite sensors were the worst!

The guardian sensors are better but… still not great for me. I pretty much have to get every single one replaced as they only last 1-4 days. Super annoying. I call my 670g my “newborn” or “the baby” because it’s so needy. That said auto mode is great for me at night. I’m not going low and waking up with a headache and rebound high. Pretty sweet! But… Tandem is coming out with a closed loop too soon and I’m excited about that yet nervous about switching because I’ve been with Medtronic so long

Do you like the Dexcom G5?

1 Like

You should be able to upgrade to the G6 but I also think the tandem can connect with the G5 too.

And Tandem has upgradeable software so when the closed loop comes out (or any other upgrades) you just plug it in and update! Pretty cool

1 Like

My Guard Ian sensors last full 7 days (correction) MOST of the time. And it’s pretty accurate. I wore it along with my Dexcom G5 for several weeks sinse I had a transmitter still in force. They were very close. I find the application of Guardian rather challenging, but get help and it’s doable. It’s the notifications, slow response, and practical aspects that I find overwhelming.

I liked Dexcom 5 ok, but I had wildly inaccurate numbers at times. Not sure why. I hope G6 is better.

Not sure what to do. Hanging in there. I’m seeing my CDE and Endo again soon. Will get my A1C at that time. Will discuss my issues. I really do want this to work.

Can’t say anything about the Dexcom, but I have used the Medtronic 670 for the last 8 months as my first insulin pump after injecting for more than 40 years. The medtronic is finicky and a pain. I would not recommend it at all. I don’t remember a day when I didn’t have at least 1 alarm go off. A good day is only 1 or 2 alarms. Mostly they are just asking me to test Blood sugar now but it’s still annoying. They sent me a new transmitter which was supposed to solve this but not really…

1 Like