T1d taking what I love

I used too be able to anything ya my BG would drop and go high. Could still do a lot and not get sick. Now I am 40 and swtihed from aspart to humilin insulin. Now I am noticing if I don’t want to be sick all the time I have to give up the things I love to do. I was a general contractor and now I can’t even build a shed without my BG going all over the place. I have realized anything that is exerting makes me feel like crap for about 3 days. Just not feel either around my eyes get puffy and turn dark and start to get bags. My skin goes very pail. Over exerting is as little as 3 appointments in one week and a grocery store visit. One appointment made me really exhausted after words mentally. Now it is 2 days later and I still don’t feel like I have recovered. I am so tired my BG has been in target and I have been sleeping. Well anymore it is sleeping I can’t remember the last time I got uninterrupted sleep. My pump or even just to have to go to the bathroom. Anyone else have to change a lot as they get older?