Hi. I’m looking at getting the latest Tandem T:slim to replace my Medtronic. One paragraph in the Tandem warranty sees to be saying the warranty does not cover accidental damage. Has anyone had experience with getting their T:slim repaired or replaced after accidental damage?
@mikefarley Hello! No I have no experience… however if it makes you feel any better, please consider the following…
This Limited Express Warranty will apply only if the PDM or the Pod at issue has been used in
accordance with the Omnipod® System User Guide and/or other written instructions provided
by Insulet Corporation. THIS LIMITED EXPRESS WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY IF
THE PDM OR THE POD HAVE BEEN:
• Altered, changed or modified by any person or entity other than Insulet Corporation;
• Opened, serviced or repaired by any person or entity other than Insulet Corporation;
• Damaged by an act of God or other “force majeure” like event;
• Damaged by misuse, abuse, negligence, accident, unreasonable use, or improper
handling, care or storage;
• Damaged by wear and tear, causes unrelated to defective materials or workmanship or
other circumstances outside of the reasonable control of Insulet Corporation.
This warranty is valid only if the MiniMed insulin pump is used in accordance with
the manufacturer’s instructions. This warranty will not apply:
• If damage results from changes or modifications made to the pump by the
user or third persons after the date of manufacture.
• If damage results from use of non-Medtronic reservoirs and/or infusion sets.
• If damage results from service or repairs performed by any person or entity
other than the manufacturer.
• If damage results from a Force Majeure or other event beyond the control of
• If damage results from negligence or improper use, including but not limited
to: improper storage, submersion in water or physical abuse, such as dropping
The warranty is valid only if the t:slim
X2 Pump is used in accordance with
Tandem’s instructions for use and
user manual and will not apply if:
• damage results from changes or
modifications made to the t:slim
X2 Insulin Pump by the user or
third persons after the date of
• damage results from service or
repairs performed to any part of the
t:slim X2 Pump by any person or
entity other than Tandem;
• the t:slim X2 Pump seal is broken;
• a non-Tandem cartridge is used
with the t:slim X2 Pump;
• damage consists of scratches
and wear to surfaces and other
externally exposed parts due to
wear and tear;
• damage results from an event or
accident beyond the control of
• damage results from negligence
or improper use, including but
not limited to improper storage or
so all major manufacturers say exactly the same thing… more or less, give or take a lawyer or 2.
You might want to check-in with your homeowners insurance policy for a special rider (an endorsement) for the replacement value of your pump if it is “lost”. That might be an option. good luck.
HAHA good points! That’s why I was looking for real world experience with Tandem. I have used Medtronic since 2001, and they have replaced at least one pump that was accidentally damaged.
Thanks for the home insurance idea!
what scares me on reading about this tslim pump is this is the companys only item so if they go down where are you left, don’t say it does not happen. cgm companies have gone defunct. do you want a company that’s been around or a start up.