Teens newly diagnosed

Hi, my name is phebe and I am looking for other teens around my age that are newly diagnosed. I’m 16 and was diagnosed this January on my 16th Birthday. If u just want to chat my email is: phebelyn23@gmail.com

1 Like

Hi Phebe! I’m Abby; I’m 16 years old and was diagnosed at age 7. I’m not newly diagnosed but I would still love to chat with you! I’ll email you today. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Phebe @Phebe , A Warm Welcome to the TypeOneNation Forum, happy to see you.

On your 16th birthday - just like me, only mine was 62 years ago. Like us, there are a few other people on here who were diagnosed on that birthday - must be something really special about our 16th.

1 Like

:blush: I’m so glad I found typeonenation today!!! It’s such a supportive group. I finally feel like I’m surrounded with people that understand what Iv been going through, and trying to figure out my new life.

1 Like

Phobe, I’m happy to see that you are learning and taking an active role in learning this ever changing “game” of trying to manage your diabetes - that tricky balance of food, activity and insulin. I’m still learning, too.
I see you read an earlier post about JDRF Chapters [go through the “Events” Tab at the top of this page], it really helps understanding diabetes when you can talk one-on-one with someone who is experiencing what you experience.

1 Like

Phebe! You’re going to do great!!

Ive been T1 for nearly 15 years now and each day i learn something new…
I actually just started a Youtube channel on tips/advice, etc that ive learned over the years! would love for you to check it out --i’m going to stay pretty active with it, great luck!

1 Like

I definitely will check out your YouTube channel!!!:blush:

1 Like

hi phebe! i am 16 and was diagnosed at the age of 7 so i’m not newly diagnosed but i would still love to talk! i’ll email you!

1 Like