Temper Control

Hello everyone,

Lately my sugars are affecting my temper control and I can`t really control myself. I am good when im good but when my sugars skyrocket my personality is affected over the top. I was really, wondering about how other wise can i control it. Any Ideas

:( Girl I feel yea! Shoot, when i'm high, i'm basically the flippin hulk! For me, it's increased the worth of maintaining that balance. It's allowed me to place more weight on checking my sugars and what not. Exercise, both resistance (like weights) and cardio helps the insulin sensitivity and mood as well. I wish I could say more, but am looking forward to what others have to say!

I have a quick temper and it took me a long time to learn to manage it.  I used to feel like it was out of my control.  But that's not really true.

I used to feel like it was the situation or my mood that made me lose my temper, but that's not true either.   Most people make a lot of excuses and rationalize their angry behavior, but it's a bunch of BS.  And I don't mean "blood sugar".  =)

You don't just lose your temper out of nowhere.  There are little steps along the way where your anger rises but you're still in control.  So the key is to recognize those points and make a different choice.  Might be something as simple as saying, "I'm frustrated right now.  Let's talk later."  It's also important to realize that when you have a problem or if someone has wronged you, it won't help to get angry.  You just end up having to apologize for your temper tantrum and still won't have the basic problem solved.  It's a waste of time.

Jacobs advice to work out is smart.  There are a ton of books on anger too.  Find one at the library or a book store and try to implement what it suggests.  

You will save yourself a lot of time and trouble dealing with this issue now.