This darn cold!

is this cold that's going around my town going around anywhere else? it's the worst i think i've ever had!

i was actually in bed for 5days straight! normally i can just take a day off work, rest and i'm back at 'er. this time i took 3days off, then spent my weekend barely having the energy to get outta bed to get food or water or meds. had to take a dose + half of nyquil every night just to get some sleep!

today's my second day back at work and i'm already having a relapse! woke up hacking my lungs up and sniffling!

is it going around anywhere else or is my town just a lucky one haha??

The skies this morning laid down a nice layer of snow...I am not happy about.  It's freezing cold and I've had to up my insulin because of my inactivity.

Milwaukee, WI forth worse winter in the States according to yahoo

Batts - you sure you don't have the flu? I'm in St. Paul, MN area and there are several co-workers with hacking coughs. My daughter has a double ear infection and my son (with d), looks like he's coming down with something. Sigh. On the bright side, for me, I started feeling lousy on Fri evening and took some Zicam, which I have never taken before, and it totally helped. I felt 75% better by Sat AM, and 100% better by Sun.

Greg - I think Batts was talking about a virus cold, not the weather cold... LOL.

[quote user="JDVsMom"]

Batts - you sure you don't have the flu? I'm in St. Paul, MN area and there are several co-workers with hacking coughs. My daughter has a double ear infection and my son (with d), looks like he's coming down with something. Sigh. On the bright side, for me, I started feeling lousy on Fri evening and took some Zicam, which I have never taken before, and it totally helped. I felt 75% better by Sat AM, and 100% better by Sun.

Greg - I think Batts was talking about a virus cold, not the weather cold... LOL.

[/quote]

i haven't been feel nausea so i doubt it's the flu. it's been going around the office anyways as a cold.

what's zicam? glad you're feeling better! too bad about the ear infection(ugh those suck) and your son!

Zicam is a homeopathic remedy that you are supposed to take a the 'first sign of a cold'. There were at least 4 choices of tabs or chews, sprays, etc. I reall have no idea what is in there, but it worked like a charm. :) I don't think I would have thought to get some but I had heard an ad on the radio earlier in the day.

I never get nausea with the flu, but that's just me. But a cold can be bad too. Hope you start feeling better soon.

[quote user="JDVsMom"]

Zicam is a homeopathic remedy that you are supposed to take a the 'first sign of a cold'. There were at least 4 choices of tabs or chews, sprays, etc. I reall have no idea what is in there, but it worked like a charm. :) I don't think I would have thought to get some but I had heard an ad on the radio earlier in the day.

I never get nausea with the flu, but that's just me. But a cold can be bad too. Hope you start feeling better soon.

[/quote]

aaah okay! i have some "cold-defense" pills but had just moved on monday so i didn't know where it was :( its the same kinda of thing. a non-chemical version of coldFX.

i've got a fever now, which is going to make the last two hours of work suck..but i'll get through it :) thanks!

I was a little tired when I wrote that this morning lol

Hope you're feeling better soon!  I just wanted to chime in that I take the Zicam tablets too and I like the way they work.  But be careful about the nasal sprays. There were a few studies done last year in which reports were inconclusive but suggested that the Zicam nasal sprays could damage your sense of smell permanently.  I would just stay away from them until they know for sure.

YES, I've been sick for nearly 3 weeks with two different colds - one of which had the worst cough I've ever had in my life, even worse than when I had pneumonia/bronchitis.  Now it seems like colds are spreading more than usual, but I think it's just the season for infectious disease >_<

Hope you feel better soon!  Drinking lots of tea and using a humidifier I've found beneficial to breathing/not coughing.

[quote user="Katie"]

YES, I've been sick for nearly 3 weeks with two different colds - one of which had the worst cough I've ever had in my life, even worse than when I had pneumonia/bronchitis.  Now it seems like colds are spreading more than usual, but I think it's just the season for infectious disease >_<

Hope you feel better soon!  Drinking lots of tea and using a humidifier I've found beneficial to breathing/not coughing.

[/quote]

3 weeks? holy! Are you starting to feel better yet?!

Yeah I think 'tis the season' for colds! lol

I'm just going to whine that after being coughed on, sneezed on, and otherwise sprayed with my children's mucus for the last 3 days, I am getting sick too. :( (Sorry if that grossed anyone out. I have to say that is the WORST part of being a mom.)

[quote user="JDVsMom"]

I'm just going to whine that after being coughed on, sneezed on, and otherwise sprayed with my children's mucus for the last 3 days, I am getting sick too. :( (Sorry if that grossed anyone out. I have to say that is the WORST part of being a mom.)

[/quote]

i am not looking forward to that part of being a mom, that's for sure. haha.

i hope you get over it soon :(

i've been getting better, but every morning i hack up for the first 30mins and it hurts..a lot. haha. gross i know. and every other day i seem to start sneezing and coughing all over again. oh and the fevers too :(

gonna go to my family doctor on tuesday afternoon to make sure i don't have a sinus infection as well or something!