Thoughts on ViaCyte (Beta Cell Implant)

ViaCyte is a regenerative medicine company focused on delivering novel stem cell-derived cell replacement therapies as a functional cure for all type 1 diabetes and a next-generation treatment for insulin-requiring type 2 diabetes.
Here is what they are planning to do: ViaCyte’s Product Candidates for Diabetes - YouTube

Hopefully in 5-10 years this will be a reality! Do you know any other companies like ViaCyte?

I heard about this last year and I’m really excited about it. I’d have jumped at the chance to participate in a clinical trial if there were any happening near me. They’re making a documentary, too, and I’ll admit I cried a little watching the trailer: The Human Trial – Vox Pop Films - Teaser - YouTube

They promised to release this movie last year. And still nothing

:woman_shrugging: It’s a documentary about a treatment that’s still in development. Story’s not over yet.

I’ve been diabetic for over 30 years. I’m excited, but I still know this stuff takes time.

if it works out, i think it would be a life changer and save thousands of lives for everyone. save a lot of money and better for mental health and our bodies. it gives me hope