Thoughts Please!

So I live in a small town, with a Critical Assess Hospital which does have an OB dept. I have had all intentions of delivering here so far, but I have had a couple of nurses that I have great respect for, tell me I should push to deliver at a hospital 2 1/2 hours away since they would be able to take care of a high risk pregnancy. The more and more I have thought about this, it seem maybe like a good idea. Its hard for me to leave my local hospital since I am an employee there and feel almost obligated. We only have a midwife and 2 OBgyns. Does anyone have any good thoughts on this for me??? I could use all the advise I can get at this point.

Although diabetes creates a high risk pregnancy, there wasn't really anything unusual about my delivery except that I tested my blood sugar when I was in labor they put me on an insulin drip when I finally had a cesarean.  My son was born with normal blood sugars and no complications.  Think that's pretty par for the course as long as you don't have some sort of other problem, like preeclympsia.  

Ask your OB what he/she expects and any special needs you or your baby may have.  I know diabetic pregnancies used to be scary, but the world is a lot different now.  With insulin pumps and glucose meters you and your baby can be as healthy as any other mom and child.

I became preclamtic and they had to do a C-section. I would rather be safe then sorry and be somewhere they can handle anything that might occur.

Thank you guys for your thoughts very comforting to know that I am not being super spasmatic. Thanks!