Trying to get pregnant!

Hey everyone!! So I've been taking birth control pills for many years, and recently stopped taking them (about a month and a half ago). Were trying to get pregnant, and for the past two weeks I've had CRAZY low blood sugars EVERY day! I'm not doing anything different as far as exercise or eating differently. I'm taking the same amount of bolus/basil, yet I'm going into the 30s and 40s at least 4-5 times per day!! I took a pregnancy test, but it was negative. It's hard to know exactly when to take a test considering I'm not on regular cycles yet so I have no idea! Did any of you have really low blood sugars the first week/two weeks after conception before it would show a positive test? Any advice would be helpful!

-Chelsea

Hi Chelsea,

We had a very planned pregnancy and I thought for sure I wasn't pregnant because I was getting my normal period cramps early. However, 4 days before the test came up positive my sugars were out of control. (And I am a big health person) I was low then super high for almost no reason.  It might be feel better knowing later that there was an explanation for it.  For future - once you do conceive, you will be using 2 or 3x as much insulin as normal. Even if you are eating a well balanced low carb diet.

Best of luck. :)

Lissa

10 weeks pregnant

Chelsea--

That was actually one of the reasons that I thought I was pregnant--because if all the lows I was getting. And, like Lissa, I had these wierd cramps that were no way related to an oncoming period because I was getting them too early. I took a pregnancy test 2 days before my missed period, and here I am, 7 weeks pregnant. Give yourself a little more time, let yourself get closer to your period, and take another test. I stopped taking my BC pills about 4-5 months ago and I conceived sometime in early October on the first try, so it's very possible. I'd wait a litle bit and retest. Good Luck!

Kelly