Ups and downs

latley i have been having really bad highs and lows. i wake up at 7:15 and i am in between 90-150 and then i have lucnh really early lunch (10:40) adn i do not eat breakfast and when i test for luch im 250-400 then i go home at 3 and i'll be 40-70. does anyone have any idea why this might be hapen?

[quote user="Adriana"]

latley i have been having really bad highs and lows. i wake up at 7:15 and i am in between 90-150 and then i have lucnh really early lunch (10:40) adn i do not eat breakfast and when i test for luch im 250-400 then i go home at 3 and i'll be 40-70. does anyone have any idea why this might be hapen?

[/quote]

Could it be, ahhh. You know that special girl thing.(turning red)

well i dont know because this has been happening for 2 yaers and i have had lady problems for like 1 year so i'm not sure

Are you on a pump or MDI? I'm on MDI and tend to go high after breakfast, I think due to Lantus ending... If you aren't eating breakfast, so have no short-acting insulin in your system, maybe you're going high from not having enough basal in your system along with the basal you take for lunch? (I hope I explined that clearly...) Have you tried eating a light breakfast & bolusing for it? Have you tried changing you insulin ratio for lunch?

i'm on a pump and my doctor keeps trying to set me right. even lik.05 will either make me crash or make me sky rocket.

[quote user="Adriana"]

[/quote]

One other thought, if you're skipping breakfast your liver my be dumping at around the same time as eating. Bang double yammie, you bolus for food but not liver dump???

[quote user="Adriana"]

i'm on a pump and my doctor keeps trying to set me right. even lik.05 will either make me crash or make me sky rocket.

[/quote]

Thought of quick way to check. Eat a little snack in the morning and see if numbers get better. Oh, also for me, if I inject (novolog) when I eat, my post numbers are sky high. One day i ate and checked my post meal and was 196, 2hrs. later 121 with no correction. Now I inject about 30-45 mins. before eating and the numbers are so much better. Could you be over bolus when you see high, then go low???

Do you ever use the combo bolus, I don't know what kind of pump your on, but you may want to try that if you haven't already.

When was the last time you had eaten prior to your early lunch. I know that some days when I wat around 7:00 and decide to pass on breakfast my numbers will jump. I mean I haven't eaten anything so why should they change. You might want to try to eat something in the morning just to balance yourself out. It could be as Keith put it a liver dump or your body could be doing whatever it does to get sugar in the system.