Using leg as insertion site

Does anyone successfully use his/her thigh as an insertion site? I have tried it once or twice but it does not feel as secure as my belly or hip where my underwear covers the site. I use a sensor as well as the pump and trying to find new territory is always hard!

I rotate through six sites altogether, my thighs being two of them (L and R).  I generally insert into the outside of the thigh, just where it bulges out when sitting (It does that quite a bit in my case!  LOL)

I've heard/read people complain about insulin absorbency issues when using the thighs vs the abdomen, but to be honest, I've never really noticed a difference!

Good luck!

Barbara I always use my leg. my mom said if I did not want to do if on the back side of my belly so we put it in the leg.

[quote user="Nads"]

I generally insert into the outside of the thigh, just where it bulges out when sitting (It does that quite a bit in my case!  LOL)

[/quote]

That's exactly where I put mine, too, when they're on my leg.  :)  Seems to absorb the best there, out of all of the leg sites available.

And it does not dislodge? That's what I was worrying about.

Barbara - can you define what you mean by dislodge?  It stays put for me, unless I get the tubing tangled up in my undies and rip the site out accidentally, or something.

The issue brought up by Kim is a real one...  Without wanting to get too personal (!), when I pull down my undies, I am always aware of the site and pull out the "leg hole" over the site.  It's really just a matter of remembering where the site is located. 

Thanks, everyone for your input! You gave me the nerve to try it and it is working fine and the absorbtion is perfect. I was afraid I would knock it out easily, but I even tried on clothes while shopping yesterday and it was fine! After 21+ years of pumping and several years of sensors, it helps to have a new target! Especially since I use a 4 x 4 tape over my sensor which dominates one side or the other of my belly! Thanks again. I am reallty enjoying Juvenation. Enjoy what's left of the weekend!

i ues my leg as my insertion site all the time.

I am on Omnipod and use my arms.  After so many years of giving shots in my legs and stomach, I do not have good absorbancy in those places.  My arms seem to work best.  But I also don't have tubing to worry about.