Vbac

I had a c-section with my son, because of major pressure from my doctor, he basically told me that if I didn't have a c-section that my son was going to die, despite my son showing no signs of distress and everything looking excellent.  I am determined that I want to have a VBAC with my next one.  So I was wondering if anybody here has had a VBAC?  Does anyone know if it is possible?  Or is it just something that is not allowed?  Thanks in advance.

What does VBAC mean?

vaginal birth after caesarean

oh haha! I am not down with the lingo LOL

I know some people that have had VBAC births with diabetes. I can ask them for more information if you want

I just saw this, I know you posted it a while ago. After 2 1/2 days of labor w/ my son, I had a c-section. At the time, my high-risk OB said I'd be fine to try for a VBAC next time despite the D. But, there's a higher risk it would end up a c-section in the end. But, I'd be "allowed" to try. At the time, I was like, "There's NO WAY I'm going through another pregnancy & labor!!" lolol.

Its definitely doable. Having had 2 c-sections myself, I cannot fathom the desire to go through the pain of labor if I don't have to but to each her own!

I’m actually the op of this thread (started a new account after years of inactivity) and thought I’d post for anyone who might be curious about possibility of a vbac that I had a successful vbac almost 2 years ago. It took some work and research to find a supportive doctor. My vbac was induced, at 39 weeks 3 days, it was a slow induction I only recieved very small doses of pitocen. I was allowed to move around, providing I could remain on the monitors, which was not a lot but I wasn’t restricted to bed. They actually turned off the pitocen after 24 hours and my daughter was born about 8 hours later after labor really started. I’d take the pain of labor over the recovery from a c section anytime, lol, I took my then almost 2 year old trick or treating the day I came home, something I can’t imagine doing after a c section. So the point of all this is just to share my experience.

Hi Amanda

So, I've decided to take the bull by the horns and get my A1C down, so my husband and I can at least start trying to conceive. I joined this group for support. My A1C is 9.2 and I need to get it down to a 6.0.  Not sure how long this will take but I guess I'll soon find out.  Congrats on your second child, and glad to hear you were able to deliver the way you wanted to.