Warning- this is a rant!

Alright....

so earlier in the year- feb/march, i posted that my sugars were finally GOOD and that my doctors gave me the o.k. to start  'trying'....wellllll guess what... I am still not pregnant, and I am still pretty upset/angry/annoyed and every other emotion in life....

I've heard it all- dont put so much effort in it, relax, drink, be merry, it will happen in time, yadda yadda....but when you work so HARD for so long to get your sugars perfect to doctor perfection, and finally can get the chance to try it- it fails...

I have my periods regularly- which is suprising, I am about 30-33 days (usually I get my period between the 17th and the 20th of every month) I use calendars and every ovulation kit OTC that I can get my hands on...stilllll no luck!!! We put the hips up, particular positions, every other day some months, every day some...blah blah blah.....and my husband and I have busy ridiculous schedules as we both are paramedics so sometimes having sex every other day isn't an option (must be nice for all you 9-5'rs lol)...sorry my bitterness and sarcasm gets the best of me, I am RIGHT at the age where everyone around me is having children and enjoying pregnancy and yadda yadda... (including my younger sister who told me she was pregnant with her third child two weeks ago, but had miscarried)....love her to death and wouldn't trade my nephews for anything....BUT something has to give....

I am stressing myself out so much I lost all control of my diabetes the last 3 weeks...my sugars are bouncing everywhere because i have an incredibly stressful career, and then when I get my period I am a hot mess...I am just ranting at this point and I think i am tired of people telling me to just relax it will happen when it happens....

I am on minimed and dexter (aka dexcom sensor)---- i hated the minimed sensor and ended up ripping it off in the middle of the night, dexter has done me well. I try to do the best i can to keep my sugars in tight control, but nothing is ever easy in life. stressful shifts or patients at work, or my husband forgets to take the trash out lol :P the little things in life set me off lately....

ps: I giggle now when I remember back to highschool when they would say 'it only takes once and you too could be pregnant!!!'....they lied! lol

I know how you feel... I finally got pregnant 13 months after we stopped using birth control.  Nothing I can say to help you, just know that you are not alone.  

Oh Cassie!!! Did you read my post?? Same boat sister! I am the "perfect" schedule I guess you could say, but my husband works late hours. It makes the every other night thing tricky. Mix that in with the fact that I'm tired and I don't want to have to lay down and recline for an hour after the deed. I want to go to sleep and not be bothered. Mix in that sex is now to a thing of pleasure, its now a chore. I hate chores! I used to be able to judge my periods as to when they would come, I knew when I was ovulating, I got my bg's in tight control and all of a sudden all that was thrown to hell. My period started coming every 2 weeks, I couldn't tell when I was ovulating and my bg's started dropping like flies! This past month I got my hopes up that I was pregnant, my period was 2 weeks late and I started "thinking" I was feeling pregnancy symptoms. Fail. My period decided to show up. I was of course livid that it had bursted my bubble -not thta a negative pregnancy test didn't already. Like yourself, I got butt-hurt that we were getting the short end of the stick and started not caring about my diabetes and let my bg's jump all over the scale. I since corrected that behavior because I don't want to be who I used to be. All my friends are pregnant or having kids and I feel like I'm going to be left out yet again. It is so frustrating. Like you said, we work so hard to get our diabetes in perfect order, doing everything and jumping through every hurdle we are asked to go through to get "permission" to get pregnant, and then when we finally get our chance, I can't get pregnant!!! Ugh! It is so not fair! My only sanity in all of this is that I KNOW God has a plan for me. That  and this website are really the only things that help me get through this difficult time.

Please, let me know if I can be of any help to keep you sane through this time. We can rant to each other! Hang in there. Our hard will pay off! We are promised that!

Oh yea, and who said it only takes one time to get pregnant?! I would like to know their method! These damn kids that can sneeze on their partner and get them pregnant! Humph.

You have every right to be angry. Sometimes life throws these curve-balls at us and it just isn't fair. I know a few women who are in similar situations and I know they would make GREAT mommas and I see a bunch of moms out there who well... aren't so great. It doesn't seem fair at all. But God has his reasons for everything, even if we can't see or understand them. Just hang in there. A little faith and prayer can go a long ways. I hope you will get your blessing soon!

SOOOOOO I am due for my period this weekend, and I can just feel it coming...the bloating, the high sugars all week, the crappy crampy feeling....and I am just dreaddddding it!!!!! I leave for a vacation with my hubby this saturday and last month I figured out that I was due for my period the exact day we leave and he texts me and goes, well how do we fix that so you dont have your period on vacation...and I replied UMMMMMMM you get me pregnant?!!? hahaha....apparently this month didn't work, I for-sure thought it would because I was using two different ovulation tests, both were higher on the same days and we some how played with our schedule to make-it-work (I sound like project runway!)....anyways, we even tried to 'spice it up and not make it a chore' and I just was begging/pleading/praying that it would work for me this month...for my own sanity....guess we will officially see this weekend when i get my big ol'period! boooo