Waterproof SportGuard for Minimed Paradigm pump

I just got my SportGuard for my paradigm pump today!  I tested it in the shower, but I need it for when I go on my honeymoon to Costa Rica.  I'm super stoked to try it out there.   We're going to be exploring waterfalls and go whitewater rafting and such.  I don't want to be without my pump for too long.  Even though on Medtronic's site it says this SportGuard is not for Paradigm pumps, it can still work.  I just took the clip off my pump and it fits in the case just fine.  I slipped the tubing out through the slitted hole and didn't put it through the 2nd hole as there is no way to get it through there.  But, it works just fine all the same.

If anyone is looking for a waterproof case for their Paradigm pump, then I do recommend this one.  It is a little bulky, but it's the only one I could find that will fit and allow the pump to still be attached to you.

Do you have th Paradigm 5xx or 7xx model? I am on the larger 722 and would be interested in something like this. 

Jonathan,

I have the 522 but it doesn't fit snuggly in the case, I mean there's still a bit of room lengthwise.  How much larger is the 722?  It may still fit in the case.

I forgot to measure my 722 this morning, however I used a standard size credit/debit card to measure the length. The pump main body is slightly longer than the length of the credit card, this does not include the area taken up by the reservoir sticking out. I would assume the new 523 and 723 pumps have the same footprint as the 522/722. According to MM website they are 3.3 vs 3.7 inches long total, so about 1/2 inch longer. Do you believe you have an additional 1/2 inch of space in the Sportguard case?

Hi Jonathan,

My 522 measures about 3 1/4" x 2" x 3/4" and when it is in the waterproof case, there is about 3/4" of room left above the reservoir of my pump.  The case measures about 4 1/4" x 2 1/4" x 1".  I hope this helps.

Yea I just got my 552 today (yay!). I swim a lot and want to try water skiing this summer so I'm also trying to figure out a way to do that without taking the pump off...that case sounds cool.

The 722 is just a little bit long for the case. I am going to keep it as it is a good case. The top does not sit firmly in place. Tried both ways same result. I am going to try a few things see if it really works. 

Wonder why MM doesn't make just a little bigger and it can be an self contained unit for Paradigm and beyond pumps.

Oh no!  I'm sorry, Jonathan.  I hope you can figure a way to make it work.  I don't know why MM doesn't make a bigger one too.  I don't know why any pump accessory makers don't make more waterproof cases that can allow the pump to stay attached.  I think that should be a standard product.

No worries ScrappyDy. I've been thinking of changing to the new revel in the 52x size soon, or possibly change systems when my warranty is up in 18 months. I am on vacation with family in Colorado and will stop by Otterbox to see if they can do something. I am going to bring the MM one with me and see if they are interested in producing a line. Could partner with pump companies once they do...

OOooo!!!  That'd be so cool!  Best of luck!