Weight Gain?

Is it just me or have other people gained weight since since being on the pump. I have gained a good 10 pounds on the pump. :(

Weight gain happened to me as well, but I would put the blame on my self-control, not the pump.  The freedom of being allowed to eat (almost) whatever you want, whenever you want, can be dangerous!

Yeah i figured that out as well. I noticed that. The pump is so much easier and allows you eat whatever without having to stop and draw up a shot, with the pump you simply bolus.

I have been on the pump for 2 years and I have fluctuated about 4-5lbs but thats it.  And I eat a ton.

I have too. I think the year I've been on the pump, i think I've gained about 7-9 pounds. But I should probally excercise more than I do. I have gym membership, I just don't always make it there like I need to.

I have gained a ton of weight since being on the pump.. I went on it when I was pregnant with my son and he is 5 now.. Also have a 4 yr old.. I think it is because I put my sites on my stomach... And of course can EAT EAT EAT. lol.

I think I gained weight after starting the pump not because I was eating more, but because my control was better and I wasn't sick (with keytoacidosis) all the time. 

It is so much easier to eat whatever on the pump.  Yes, I always gain weight if I don't constantly watch what I am eating.  And I think it is harder to lose the weight being a diabetic.

You officially have the Pump Grazing syndrome.

Plus, when you do work out, you have to be careful and not overdo it and go low. Cuz then you have to eat to fix the low, basically erasing all that hard work. It's never simple. lol. 

I have gained so much weight since pumping if I told you how much you wouldn't believe me. I can't lose it either. I try so hard but nothing works. So frustrating!!!!!!!

Me too, Gina.  It's ridiculous!

I was doing Jenny Craig but it got really expensive. I am thinking of doing Weight Watchers I dunno...Thing is, I don't even eat bad. Which is why it drive me even more insane...

Same here... I avoid highly processed foods, I don't eat a lot of high-fat stuff...  I eat my veggies... and yeah, I'm stuck in this body.  Sometimes I feel like I'm wearing my own fat suit, and the real me is trapped under it.

i am overweight. very squishable. i love my body :o)

I have my good and bad days.  Apparently today is the latter... ha.

ugh I'm going on the pump in a few weeks and am ALWAYS struggling with my weight, Ever since I got on humalog/lantus I gained 20 pounds that I haven't been able to get off since I was 14. I'm in my 20s now.

I feel I eat soo well and  cannot lose a pound since being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a year ago- is it the insulin that keeps the weight on? I'm so frustrated with this. I exercise all the time too...

I think insulin does make it harder to lose weight, but I also think having to eat when you're not hungry to correct a low contributes to it as well.   I also gained weight when I went on the pump, but I think I need to eat better (and by that I mean SNACK LESS!!!) too.

ok well over the yrs I've noticed that I've put on quite a few lbs and haven't been able to take it off, now mind you like many of you have already said that being on a pump we have the freedom to eat pretty much what we want and it can get us into trouble, but then also the lows to and holy man!!!! But while I was reading all the responses I had looked up the subject and found 2 articles from 2008 about type 1 and weight gain(now it doesn't say anything about being on a pump, but i found them a little interesting!!) here are the links for them 1st) http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0547463120080607 and 2nd) http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2008/06/06/diabetes-study.html

Because I know myself that I would love to have the body I had before I was diagnosed, and it's very fustrating and sometimes can make you crazy

"If it's true that we are what we eat, then I am fast, easy and cheap" -- Barbara Johnson