Weird Insulin Resistance

It is very inconsistent, comes and goes. But i get really insulin resistant for a 3-7 days in a row from about 9AM-3PM. It happens quite often, almost once a month.

I’m not sure what happens but i take maybe 5x the insulin i usually take to get my blood sugar back down. And if i actually eat any carbs while this is going on it’s even worse.

I’ve asked my doctor and he doesn’t have an answer.

This or anything similar ever happen to anybody else?

Hey @nclewis good to hear from you. Best guess? The 2 things with the biggest effect for me is stress and exercise. I could easily cut my total daily dose by 50% if I am not active. Similar, if I am active and then not active, then my average use goes up by 50%.

The higher my stress the higher my insulin resistance. If I had some sort of routine where the stress is on in a big way all of a sudden, that could account for a big difference in my insulin requirements.

That’s all I got for what it’s worth. Good luck. :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Check this article out.

1 Like

In the morning before the first episode, are you possibly having an episode of low blood sugar before you get up for breakfast? Such an episode can cause the release of counter-regulatory hormones like glucagon which cause cause you to have a high blood sugar after breakfast.

1 Like

No, this is a cycle for multiple days in a row.

I probably have always had insulin antibodies, but, the MNRA vaccines have greatly enhanced the issue. Where 6 to 10 units humalog used to deal with a high, it now takes more than 30. I have not heard of anyone else with this issue, but, my Endo confirmed I have the antibody syndrome, almost every day, but, at random times, morning, about 6 hours, afternoons, sometimes early evening, no detectable pattern. An educator from Byram tells me there is a bunch of research ongoing, but, the damage is happening now. I am 81, T1D for 68 years, can now barely walk due to neuropathy.

1 Like

I might have to check on this. It kinda makes sense.

Agree with stress issues. Even as simple as going through your bills etc will raise glucose. Since we can’t eliminate stress I found walking at least a mile works every day. I am back walking again and if don’t have snow on the ground or rain listen to a book while walking…… library has free audibles! Good luck!