We're all in this together

Well my names justin and i’ve met quite a few people one here and some just seem to be lonely or lost and just being newly diagnosed. I have been diabetic for 15 years now and i love having people to talk to that i can relate and complain about this daunting task we all live with so if you need someone to talk to guy or girl send me a message could always use more friends :slight_smile:

@Jlisenbey,

You are so right! We are ALL in this together and definitely know what it is like to live with this disease. Glad you are making new friends on TypeOneNation.org! If you ever need anything let me know! @Gina

My name is Hailey and I have been living with diabetes since I was four years old. I’m 16 years old now about to turn seventeen in 2 weeks. I honestly don’t think anyone knows what I go through except for the people that have diabetes. I wish there were more teens that understand that diabetes is not an easy thing to go through each and everyday. I could always use more friends to talk to =)

@Jlisenbey

It really is great to be able to speak with people, like yourself, about our everyday challenges. It really makes us all feel less alone and more as part of a united group of people, all fighting the same battle! It’s great to just vet sometimes and this is a great place to do that! To those people who are alone and confused, they could use people like yourself! You’re an inspiration to all of us. Keep it up!

@hross64

There are lots of teens out there like yourself. I was once in the same situation as you. It was only a few years ago when I really started getting involved with volunteering that I found people just like myself. You’re right though; no one knows what we go through. Only the people who go through the same struggles. It really makes us stronger though; to know that others are going through the same day-to-day struggles.

Welcome to you both!

Hi, my name is Kaitlin and I’ve (also) had diabetes for 15 years and I love making diabetic friends and educating my full functioning pancreas friends. Are you guys familiar with project blue November? They’re doing some cool stuff.

My name is Haley and I have been dealing with diabetes for almost eleven years now. In the future, I want to go into the medical field and do something with children and diabetes. Growing up, everyone around me, including my endocrinologist, always said “I know how you feel” but did they really? NO! So for the longest time, I have wanted to work with young children dealing with diabetes. I think it would be super fun and I could actually say “I know how you feel” and have it be true! I love meeting new people dealing with the same battle I am! We are all in this together! :slight_smile: