What do you do at school when people

what do you do at school when people bring cup cakes or brownies on their birthday and you already took your shot and you didnt add the cupcake in to your shot????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...uhh...just take another shot.

OMIGOD!!! that happens to me like everyday! At lunch al of my friends are like, i dont want lunch today and they get themselves a chocolate chip muffin or a poptart instead while i'm eating a ham and cheese sandwich or something annoying like that. Even though I havent had t1 for very long, I think ive learned o cope with the frustration with humor. I usually just say something like, "Oh. well. you're totally not fat AT ALL." Then they would remember i have diabetes. I know that the insulin i take lasts like 3 hours and i can't take anymore until that time is up. Maybe it's the same for you but it's always better to try and just let those foods go instead of wishing you could eat them. First of all, you'd be healthier and LOOK healthier than the rest of your friends. Second of all, everyone should eat like us. You don't need a brownie or a cake to celebrate a school birthday party (but a real one is a different story). If you have healthy and natural foods in your house and you eat it all the time, when you eat a treat again, you might realize that your not missing much. If not, it makes it more special! I'm not saying its easy to say no to such deliciousness, but its better if you do. These days, if I eat somethign unhealthy, I get a headache or i get sick. so i don't really have that much unhealthy stuff when i can get away with it.

OMIGOD!!! that happens to me like everyday! At lunch al of my friends are like, i dont want lunch today and they get themselves a chocolate chip muffin or a poptart instead while i'm eating a ham and cheese sandwich or something annoying like that. Even though I havent had t1 for very long, I think ive learned o cope with the frustration with humor. I usually just say something like, "Oh. well. you're totally not fat AT ALL." Then they would remember i have diabetes. I know that the insulin i take lasts like 3 hours and i can't take anymore until that time is up. Maybe it's the same for you but it's always better to try and just let those foods go instead of wishing you could eat them. First of all, you'd be healthier and LOOK healthier than the rest of your friends. Second of all, everyone should eat like us. You don't need a brownie or a cake to celebrate a school birthday party (but a real one is a different story). If you have healthy and natural foods in your house and you eat it all the time, when you eat a treat again, you might realize that your not missing much. If not, it makes it more special! I'm not saying its easy to say no to such deliciousness, but its better if you do. These days, if I eat somethign unhealthy, I get a headache or i get sick. so i don't really have that much unhealthy stuff when i can get away with it.

Well to be honest with you it stinks eaither way cause your eaither gonna have to take a shot or not eat it. But it your lucky then your blood will be low and you wont have to take a shot!!!! I know though I did have the same problem but now I'm on the pump!!! But I hate when your high and you cant have it

most of the time i just celebrate without it i just tell my friends remember i have diabetes i just celebrate with out the brownie or the cake.

Ask if you can save it. Then, when you need to take the next bolus, add the treat.

I would just take a shot. I have a pump now, and I have since I was 10, but even when I was little (I've been t1 since I was one) my parents would give me the option of having another shot or not eating and I would always take the shot, which surprises me because all I really remember about diabetes from when I was that little is hating shots and screaming a lot, lol.