What is your favorite book?

If you had to pick just 1 single book as your absolute favorite of all time, for whatever reason, what would it be?

Mine:

Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman

by Ralph Leighton, with Richard P. Feynman, and Edward Hutchings

Hilarious book about an amazing physicist.

Lamb (or the Gospel according to Biff, Christ's childhood pal) by Christopher Moore

absolutely hilarity. you learn a little about the bible too (and a little you didn't know about Jesus) ;o)

The Catcher in the Rye

Marley and Me by John Grogan

Never laughed and cried so hard while reading one book.

"Handle With Care" by Jodi Picoult.. actually every book by her is nothing short of amazing!

Elsewhere by Gabriel Zevilin.

Interesting, nearly impossible to put down book, about what happens in the world beyond this one... i hate reading and i read it in one night!!!

Can I just say the entire "Twilight Saga."  No Homo haha... Possibly the only books I've ever read for recreation???

1000 splendid suns

I agree, very good books! I love them all!

The Twilight series is what I was referring too

[quote user="CHLjoe"]

The Catcher in the Rye

[/quote]

jd salinger died. he was 91. sorry dude :o(

Hmm...

One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest and Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry are tied. I'm kinda a nerd. :)

sooo many favorites

top 3

1. catcher in the rye

2. twilight

3. firefly lane

Lamb is the best book ever. Bloody hysterical.

I think one of my all time favorite books is The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks.

[quote user="Brian Q."]

Lamb is the best book ever. Bloody hysterical.

I think one of my all time favorite books is The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks.

[/quote]

thumbs up

[quote user="Run D-Link"]

If you had to pick just 1 single book as your absolute favorite of all time, for whatever reason, what would it be?

Mine:

Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman

by Ralph Leighton, with Richard P. Feynman, and Edward Hutchings

Hilarious book about an amazing physicist.

[/quote]

I love this book. I think I bought it about 4 years ago and have read it in entirety at least 4 times.

where the red fern grows

ive probably read it 15 times :)

[quote user="Amanda"]

where the red fern grows

[/quote]

Also one of my favorites.  I still have my copy my uncle gave me from when he was a kid.

[quote user="Amanda"]

where the red fern grows

[/quote]

Yeah, i love that book......only the first time i read it, my mom was like "this book is such a good book!!!"  i ended up finishing it in a flood of tears, but then i understood how a sad book could be so good!  i've read it so many times since then!!

I think my favorite book is probably The Three Muskateers by Alexandre Dumas

I sometimes forget about Where the Red Fern Grows. Still makes me tear and cry like a baby.