What is your favorite restuarant?

My favorite place to eat is an indian curry. I love spices and especially garlic. The one thing I wish they had on menus would be a carb counter, it would make everything a lot easier. When ever I go out for a dinner I usually end up with a bit of a high but in the end it is worth it since I only eat out once a month if we find a babysitter lol.

I love all things sushi. I could eat sushi breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sadly, not much good sushi in the Midwest. Probably for the best - sushi can be expensive!

Any place gluten free.

Anything South or East Asian (Thai, Japanese, Chinese/dim sum, Indian, Afghan...). Also, anything that isn't a chain!

Olive Garden. I love Italian food. There is also a great Mexican restaurant my husband and I went to a lot when we lived in GA, I can't remember the name.

vegetarian/vegan restaurants! i like wraps!

i'm indian so my family has a lot of indian food like curry, so i understand how you feel on the going high and not having the carbs, its hard to calculate, and i always go high afterwards, sort of like pizza!

[quote user="Run D-Link"]

Any place gluten free.

[/quote]

agreed. it's so much easier now than it was when i was first diagnosed! we used to have an entirely GF restaurant, called beyond the grain, but the owner had health problems and had to close. very sad day... i absolutely loved that place!

Any place with Steak and stuff without carbs that's Paleo-friendly. 20 oz prime rib please.

Gimmee a pizza any day. If not some place that has a veg friendly salad.

I love Olive Garden, soup, pasta fagoli is the best, their salad and chicken parm is the best!

Sushi.  Definitely sushi.  White rice gives me a sugar buzz almost as bad as the one I get from smoothies (oh God how I miss those), but it's nothing  some proper carb-counting won't fix.  Thank God for complex carbs. XD

the 99 is awesome, they have all of their nutrition facts online and their food is great!

i also like not your average joe's (i think it's just on the east coast). they have great pizza

according to the new healthcare reform, chain restaurants will have to have nutrition information available to all customers upon request. so this should make it easier for those of you just starting out carb counting! (and for those veterans who just really want to know!)

Almost any place that has more than just diet coke or pepsi. I never realized how bad it was until dx'ed LOL

[quote user="C"]

according to the new healthcare reform, chain restaurants will have to have nutrition information available to all customers upon request. so this should make it easier for those of you just starting out carb counting! (and for those veterans who just really want to know!)

[/quote]

I happened to grab the Starbucks info recently after years of guessing. I was proud how close I'd been (like only 10-15 grams off) on a lot of them. We should start a game!

I thought a chai latte had x carbs and it really has y carbs

see who's closest!

OK, I should go to bed -- I'm tired and not making much sense here....