Constant Highs

I have been high (above 300) for the last 13 hours. I’ve given over 5 separate corrections, drank a lot of water, changed my pod (I use Omnipod), and changed my vial. I don’t know what I did or why, but I can’t get down. Any tips and/or answers as to why this is happening?

1 Like

Hi @Darth_Yader. How long ago did you start doing the corrections, and were they given via a pod? Sometimes I give a pod correction and it can take a while for the numbers to even start to inch down. But if I’ve been waiting too long with no movement it could be a problem with the pod or the location.
If I suspect that, I’ll try new ones and wait again, but if I get uncomfortable waiting I might switch to injection. If that doesn’t work I find it means I’ve probably got an infection - in my case it’s a dental thing.
I suggest you check for ketones (if you have a kit) then call your endo. If you suspect an infection you might want to call your PCP as well - I had a former endo tell me they don’t handle infections - I don’t know if that’s typical but it might fall under a PCP instead. And if you’re having any oral issues see your dentist.

1 Like

if it comes down using a syringe or pen, then its the pod. You can get 2 “bad” sites in a row. Any stress, infection, use of steroids, other, illness, can result in needing a lot more basal, good luck

2 Likes

I can bring my blood sugar down by going for a walk or by riding my stationary bike. Maybe something like this will help you bring your blood sugar down.

2 Likes

@Darth_Yader how are you doing? Were you able to get your numbers down?

1 Like