Delaware

Anyone on here from delaware? i joined this site about a week ago & was diagnosed on march 19, 2009! well feel free to add me if your from delaware or just add me if you want lol =]

omg finalllyyy i found delaware on the list. Where in delaware r u from. Im from townsend

I was just diagnosed in last July 2022. I’m 39 years old and I type one diabetes. The doctor said when you’re my age then it’s called LADA or type 1.5, but it’s the same thing as juvenile diabetes.

I live in Townsend Delaware as well. I’m looking to meet others like me because I have no support and my family does not understand my disease and honestly I’m struggling to. I feel confused all the time.

Hi @Blessedkess welcome to Type One Nation. This is a super old post and I hope you find some responses. You might want to try to find the nearest JDRF chapter by going to this link https://www.jdrf.org/chapter-finder/. This forum is filled with people who understand. We have hundreds of years of collective experience here. I’ve been dealing with Type 1 for over 40 years. If you have questions, just ask.

I realize this is an older post but I’m in Smyrna and was diagnosed with T1 on 1/9/24 after being misdiagnosed as T2 in December 2022. I think we need a support group here in the 1st state! :blush:

Hi Everybody -I’m also in Delaware, Sussex County- moved here two years ago. There are NO JDRF chapters in our state- the closest in in Pennsylvania. A Zoom group could work if we have a few Delawarians who are interested ?

Yes! I would love to help start one in Delaware!

Staci