Dexcom Approval...FINALLY - Also, Thoughts on Tandem?

I’m with you on the outer thigh being painful. Top of the upper thigh is my sweet spot. Dorrie’s pic doesn’t show it but JDRF’s does. Insulin Injection Techniques and Tips - JDRF (@joe and @Dennis: know anyone who does content for JDRF? That pic could use an update)

When new diabetics mention injection pain the three things to check are is the insulin room temperature, what needle did the doc prescribe and which make and model syringe or pen needle are you using? I went from a 29ga 1/2" needle to a 32ga 4mm and it made a world of difference. Then the brand I had been using became unavailable in that size and I tried others. BD Nano Gen2 was the second most pain free pen needle in my experience.

A T1D diagnoses is definitely a time to reevaluate your health insurance options. In addition to what your employer offers check your spouse’s (if you have one handy) plan options and the Healthcare Marketplace plans. If nothing is affordable or you want a pump soon, have you seen Joe’s post about the new Tandem Mobi pump?

1 Like