iLet Insulin Pump Cleared By FDA

@hanavank, Congrats! Believe you’ll love the hands off approach to the iLet pump. I’ve taken many calls from folks moving to this pump and am more than happy to find a time to answer questions you have. I’ve done lots of tests with the pump in different situations and continue to be highly impressed. Send me a DM with your email address and can find time to talk.

Thank you thank you!!

spinwoman@icloud.com

Kathy

Your reply did not come through to my email although I could see the 1st part of it about this weekend to discuss. Can you send your direct email to me and/or phone?
Thanks!
Kathy
503-997-6861

Back on G7! And the migration from G6 to G7 was seamless on iLet pump. All I did was select CGM button, press G7 and enter the 4 digit sensor code. It paired immediately and was good to go. Always nice to have technology that just works.

2 Likes

Starting both next week!

1 Like

@hanavank, Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions. I’ve put this pump through the ringer testing it’s capabilities. Just be sure to tag me or dm me in your response so I get an email.

Will do and thanks!! Have you had a follow up A1c yet? Curious to see the change if you don’t mind sharing.
Kathy

Hi @gmershon . I’m holding out for my insurance to get in board but I’m wondering - do you set your own target glucose, or does it set that for you? I usually start feeling low if I get under 100, so prefer to stay bit above.

You get to set your cgm target. I set mine to low and am in the upper 120s to low 130s. There are two settings above mine so you’ll have control to set it so your in a range you feel best at.

1 Like

My last A1C was 4.9 in January. I was on the iLet pump last Oct.

:flushed: wow that’s amazing!
What was your TIR below 70?

@hanavank, Just sent you an email. Looking forward to meeting you!

@6yGodsGr, Not sure as I can’t find a TIR test result in test results.

1 Like

Hi @gmershon Time in Range (TIR) isn’t something a doctor would test for it is not yet a “standard of care”. You can get TIR reports from Clarity (dexcom software). If you have Clarity installed on your phone and dexcom is also paired to your phone you can see TIR in the dexcom software (it’s a setting) or you can use the Clarity app and make custom reports. I like TIR as a measurement of control because it also tracks when you’re low. HbA1c doesn’t track lows. A1c even improves when you have a lot of lows

1 Like

I encourage everyone to monitor TIR, either via Clarity with Dexcom, or other software (Sugarmate, etc.). A1c is good for a backward 3 month snap shot in time, but most TIR reports can be set for the number of days you want to monitor and compensates for inconsistencies that A1c does not; yes, it has a few foibles of it’s own as others will point out, but far superior to A1c in my opinion. While most people use the standard 70-180 BG, the range (R in TIR) can be easily tailored to something else like 70-140 for TITR (Time in Tight Range) or other you may agree with your PCP/Endo to use.

2 Likes

@gmershon desired “Range” is something decided individually, and hence the amount or percentage of time spent within that set range needs interpretation. Yes, the international consensus is that a person with diabetes should spend at a minimum at least 70% of its lifetime in the range 70 - 180 mg/dl to be considered moderately effective managing diabetes.

Since the time I began using CGM I use different tools for TIR - AGP report has the famed 70 - 180. My Tandem, my Tidepool, and my Dexcom are set with narrower ranges. Dexcom is calculated on split range; a very narrow 11 hour overnight [90 - 130] and a broader 80 - 170 reflecting day-time activity while eating moderate carbohydrates between 230 & 250 grams per day.

1 Like

@gmershon here is a 3-day TIR from dexcom

1 Like

This is a 30 day clarity report

That is incredible! Without lows? What is your TIR? SO appreciate all the info here. Kathy

Lol, I was thinking it was some new dr test result. Here is my 90day TIR. Note that the vast majority of my lows are from sensor mis readings. Like last night my low alarms went off as my sensor read 105 then 63 (low alarm) then 122 where it leveled off from there onward. I’ve only hit one low on this pump that was accurate (blood test confirmed). My BGs hit 68 for about 20min before they started to rise without consuming any carbs as at that time I had no insulin on board. Unfortunately one can’t remove those CGM anomalies when they occur.

2 Likes