Tandem Mobi first impressions

Thank you so much for your response. No more excuses for me :joy:

Tom @Tlholz, try not to misuse the term SCIF, recall that the two letters “S, C” refer to Segregated [Secure] Compartmented, and people with access to those facilities that require Proscribed Access above top secret will know the requirements - very, very few people involved.

This discussion should be in a Topic other than this as it is quite different than this subject. If I was still responsible for SCIF Access, I certainly would NOT allow the type hearing aids I now use.

What’s your take after having the mobi for ~2 months?

1 Like

Nothing much new here I’ve adjusted basal with the warmer weather and I only had 1 issue where my phone would not connect to the pump so I rebooted everything which cleared up the issue.

I took it to Europe for a week (work trip) so now it’s been x-rayed a half dozen times and it worked fine on the trip, airplanes, etc. I’m still getting used to changing cartridges I have been optimizing I want to be as fast as a Medtronic reservoir change I’m almost there.

Kind of used to charging it while I’m in the shower that works fine but Mobi is particular about how you place it on the mag charger. It has to be exact or it won’t charge. It vibrates but if it’s not right it just sits there and doesn’t charge I’ve put it on the charger and then bumped it which is frustrating. I also need a backup charger in case.

So, in all, it’s no longer new for me anymore which is good. I’m watching for ciq with g7 that’ll be a big thing for me to try. :shamrock::peace_symbol:

1 Like

Hi @joe . I’m not sure if this is what you meant by “rebooted” but I find resetting my phone’s network settings almost always clears out whatever garbage is affecting it, while leaving my apps, settings etc intact.

Interesting. I never thought about these issues. Visited DISA headquarters a year before being diagnosed. Had to lockup all electronics in lobby before entering. Didn’t think to put my car key fob in the locker, they caught it when going through security and had to go back and lock it up as well.

My company will be going through facility clearances soon with a prime contractor sponsorship. Will now be taking myself off that list and putting others on it instead!

I forced all my apps closed.

I turned off the power to the phone.

I turned the phone back on. “Rebooted” because the phone goes through an initialization cycle. There was nothing wrong with the network settings it was a bluetooth / application response issue.

Could you somehow mark the charger surface to make it easier to position the pump properly? Sharpie/washi tape/electric tape?

Hi @6yGodsGr I could but the charger is a flat disc. So if it gets bumped it could still misalign off the marked area. I was thinking more like a fixture that sits on the charger with a cutout for the pump so it just drops into the right spot. I may 3D print something and show it to Tandem.

2 Likes

Would you let us know if you try other wireless chargers? I’m curious about the “sweet spot” and if it would be safe on a magsafe one.
I really appreciate your technical expertise!

Sure thing Dorie the Mobi charger is a generic mag safe charger. I’ll probably buy one from Amazon

hi @6yGodsGr so I had some time today and I designed and printed a fixture for the Mobi charger,

it came out pretty good and holds the pump right where it needs to be to charge.

it’s ugly but it is low profile and doesn’t interfere with pump tubing or the charger USB cable

1 Like

thinking about selling it to Tandem (haha JK).