Minimed 780g 7 days infusion sets

Hi! Any experience about minimed 780g 7-days infusion sets? I usually place them on the abdomen but they generally last only 2-3 days. Does anyone use special patches or do you prefer alternatice places ? I place the cannula oriented towards the high. Thanks

Hi @beppegol . I’m on Omnipod and use Simpatches for my pump and my Dexcom. I don’t know if there are any specifically designed for Minimed but they do have ones described as universal. I find the Simpatches nearly always stay in place for the 10 day Dexcom lifespan, and rarely start to peel away. They also stay very clean - the patches I’ve gotten from the manufacturers tend to get dirty around the edges which is not pleasant to look at particularly if you wear them in the open.

Hello @beppegol welcome to Type One Nation. Those 7 day sets are very new here, I am hoping someone with experience answers you. I wear a CGM 10 days with very little problems

Did the manufacturer have any suggestions?

Good luck!:four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

From your message I think you are describing a site failure where the infusion set was inserted. If so I think I had exactly the same problem you described. I tried placing the sets into the legs and abdomen made no difference. The techs I spoke with just sent replacement sets but had no answers to fix the issue. After six weeks gave up and moved back to the old sets. If you somehow get a more effective response from Medtronic please advise.

Yes, my daughter has been using them for a couple of months now without an issue. She doesn’t use her stomach but her hip and backside. Sometimes we may prep the area with SkinTac (wipes I get from amazon) but usually not. They stay secure for the whole time (6-7 days). Maybe try placing it in the back versus abdomen and skintac. Good luck!

1 Like

Hi, I am now using Omnipod but my first pump was minimed and did try the Minimed 7 days and had to remove in 3 days.
For the Omnipod I was having some irritation and after reviewing recommendations from ADA and Mayo Clinic among others I bought :

3M Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream 3355, 3.25 Ounce 3.25th

Mck33442100 - Barrier Film Cavilon 1.0 Ml Wipe, Sterile, Alcohol Free, No Sting

Both cavilon and from Amazon and was difficult to find same items but since I had descriptions and photos.

The small wipes I haven’t used, but figured for a trip May be good idea, the cream which is also mild glue is wonderful.

I have no issues and can keep Omnipod longer if had enough insulin! with the barrier cream.

Also, my aunt’s nurse uses desitin maximum strength (purple) in open sores etc and that’s something I am using if my skin is broken or sore after removing the pump and cleaning with alcohol swabs, but Cavilon is game changer for me to apply under pump and Dexcom.

I don’t think I can share a photo of the items here, otherwise I could show you pics of the 3 items.

Cavilon Durable Barrier cream $8.30

Barrier Film Cavilon 1.0 Ml Wipe, Sterile, Alcohol Free, No Sting qty 100 $24.34 seller Product Movement

Desitin Maximum Strength Baby Diaper Rash Cream with 40% Zinc Oxide for Treatment, Relief & Prevention, Hypoallergenic, Phthalate- & Paraben-Free Paste, 4.8 oz seller Desitin store $8 but May be available in either CVS or Walgreens

Both are shipped from Amazon not third party and prime.

Also using Simpatch to hold Omnipod and I believe they sell for minimed pump too.

All I know is I used the old infusion sets for 30+ years and the tape never started to come away from my skin. With these 7 day ones, I have to put the sticky part of a bandaid in a few places to keep it there. WHATEVER you do, do not try Skin-Tac because it will immediately shrivel up the tape and actually pull the infusion set out. There is nothing you can do but call and complain and switch back to the regular kind. So the design of the tape to allow the infusion set to last 7 days, was accompanied by the redesign of tape that barely lasts 2 days. This, of course, is my experience and everyone’s body is different. I place the canula toward where the pump will be and I use upper leg, abdomen, upper buttock, and rarely arm. The result is the same.

The best tip I ever got was to use the edge of a credit card to activate the adhesive. It works much better than rubbing the tape with your finger. Doing this, I am able to use my preps - - allergy spray, Pepto Bismal, and Skin Tac - - and still have my infusion set and CGM tapes stay on the entire time. No patches/overlays, etc!

For those who follow me on Instagram, I have been trying different patches/overlays recently. This is so that I can honestly tell someone what I think of the different brands that are on the market. As many of you know, I have allergies to the adhesives. This way, I know the products make me break out.

Pam K.
T1D 59 years and counting!

After reading some articles I purchased from Amazon

3M Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream 3355, 3.25 Ounce 3.25

Only a tiny drop, spread the cream in area where quickset goes after alcohol swab and it works wonders

It’s a soft tube, white with purple and I ended up buying one for my dad too. Hyper allergenic, made in UK for 3M Healthcare